Broadcaster - Actor - Voiceovers - TV/Radio/Film
Event Announcer - Audio Engineer/Production Services
Represented in NYC & LA by Castle-Hill Agency
OFFICIAL STATEMENT RE: PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION ANNOUNCER ASSIGNMENT:
"It is an absolute honor to be named by the Presidential Inauguration Committee. My personal goal for the Inauguration Parade is to make this about celebrating the seamless transition of power and moving past divisive partisanship. This is an apolitical position with the responsibility of not only entertaining attendees, but because of the unique advantage of the President's Announcer position across from the reviewing stand I am the eyes & ears of the First Family who are alerted to stand when certain military and Color Guard units approach. I'm taking this one parade at a time, but looking forward to streamlining and modernizing the presentation for many more to come."
ALL PRESS INQUIRES SHOULD BE MADE TO THE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR OF THE PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION CMTE.
For more than 35 years I have been involved in television, film and radio broadcasting, primarily as an audio engineer, actor, producer & voice talent at the major market, network & international level.
I'll be updating the site with both broadcast & acting resumes, as well as a photo gallery & links to video samples. Feel free to listen to my demos for a sample of my work.
Voiceover Demo: https://soundcloud.com/amandfm/steveray-vodemo-3minutes
If you have any questions, please contact me.
LINKED IN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/smray
LATEST PROJECT NEWS - 2nd half 2016/ early 2017
- Named "The President's Announcer" for the January 20, 2017 Inauguration Parade by the Presidential Inauguration Cmte. I'll be at the White House reviewing stand at Lafayette Park, as well as handling the pre-event announcing for the Concert at the Lincoln Memorial on January 19, 2017.
- Live announce for Bill Hader appearance on the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor tribute to Bill Murray
- Directing & voicing a new EEOC training video on "Reasonable Accommodation for the Disabled"
- Directed and voiced a new FAA training video "Anti-Bullying in the Workplace"
- Directing a series of live events for the US NAVY on new service members & their families dealing with the impact of deployment, PTSD, stress and reintegration. We'll be presenting these events at naval bases across the country using subject matter experts who are also veterans & professional actors...over the next three years.
- DC City Councilman "Curtis Armstrong" in Paul DeVeaux's new series "The Council" - (Now in post-production)
- University of Maryland University College (UMUC) commercial now airing 2nd run
- Crime Boss "Sammy Sen" in Christina Herrick's superhero series "The B League" - (Now submitted for LA CineFest 2017)
- Named Creative Director for Inalab Consulting Group an 8A Certified Government producer of training videos & narrative films for the EEOC, TSA, FAA, US Navy and other agencies.
- 2nd Unit Camera - "Yin & Yang" - Dawn Douglas's short film
- Co-Directed/Co-Star - "Happy Valentine's Day" - Jenise Davis Productions (48 Hr Film Project)
Boom Operator/Sound Mixer – Carrot Creative/NYC - Live Adidas commercial featuring NBA Washington Wizards star John Wall on Halloween night
Boom Operator/Sound Mixer – HBO/Herzog & Company – Los Angeles - Location sound for the pretaped interviews with veterans at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and other DC locations featured on HBO’S “Concert for Valor”
Assistant to Staging Dept. – “2016 Kennedy Center Honors”/CBS
Production Assistant – “In Performance at the White House”/PBS – Continuing series
Production Assistant – “Broadway at the White House”/TLC
Production Assistant – “Hotel Hell with Gordon Ramsey”/FOX – Local production/Season 3
Production Assistant – “NBC’s “The Voice”/Finnmax LLC – Local contestant bios
Production Assistant – Podium Arts Communications: Assisting production of live events
Production Assistant – Capitol Concerts: Assisting in the production of the benchmark annual PBS special live events “National Memorial Day Concert” & “A Capitol Fourth”
- Audio Engineer - continuing government clients (FCC and FBI Training Academy)
COMPLETED/POST PRODUCTION or AIRING:
Booz, Allen, Hamilton national commercial "We Call It Necessity"
Debbi Morgan pilot "Keeping It Real" - recurring characters
Various supporting roles for Investigation Discovery channel
MBOX Communications national campaign - "Plastic is the New Black"
"A Tribute to Ray Charles" produced at the White House - part of the production crew for this February 23, 2016 event.
Professional Background - Los Angeles, CA & Washington, DC
I have the benefit of having worked a dual track both behind & in front of the camera...starting way back in 1982 as an extra and being asked to wrangle background performers, leading to a path from 2nd AD to 1st AD specializing in working with first time directors & writers directing their own scripts. Since returning to Washington, DC I have been fortunate to be the TV & Radio Promo Voice for the first six seasons of the Washington Nationals and the Choral Arts Society of Washington among other V/O clients.
I have also had the pleasure of being associated with several professional sports teams as their Public Address Announcer, either as a Primary P.A. or Back-up P.A., as well as their commercial voice. Starting as the youngest P.A. Announcer at Summit Point Raceway for S.C.C.A., Trans-AM & IMSA events, I've had the honor of announcing the Congressional Hockey Challenge at the Verizon Center, along with games for the Washington Nationals and their minor league affiliate Potomac Nationals (High-A Carolina League).
Since August 1980 I have owned SR2 Entertainment LLC - A holding company for a variety of business, including film & television production, radio syndication, audio production services, voice overs, archival travel photography from the 1930's - 1970's, art prints and stock photography licensing & other services. Experience includes Unit Production Manager, 1st Asst. Director, 2nd A.D., Casting Asst., Audio Engineering for both studio/field sound for news outlets and government freelance clients.
46 year veteran MLB Scout Ron Rizzi ~ "After traveling the country visiting hundreds of ballparks, I'd say he is the best, most listenable P.A. Announcer in the minor leagues. A major team in any sport needs to bring Steve on board full time now."
I am extremely proud to have been named to the Board of Directors for "Curt's Ride to Cure Cancer" which sponsors an annual 620 mile bike ride from Jacksonville to Key West every Fall to raise monies for the American Cancer Society in the name of our Herndon High School classmate Curt Ewald and those family & friends who have been affected by the many forms of the disease. (Thank you Dave & Stacey ... I am truly honored)
Learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/curts.ride